As I read through this poem it smacked me in the face with how prayer truly works. God always answers our prayers, it just, oftentimes, is not in the form that WE would deem acceptable or understandable.
What I have learned is that when you pray, you keep your mind and eyes open for “ALL” answers, so as not to miss any of your blessings. I’ve coached and spoken with many who stated, specifically, that they did not receive an answer to their prayers and they felt as though God was ignoring them. As I listened to their story, I was happy to show them how God not only was listening, actively, but He was indeed answering, repeatedly. The cause of their dismay was from life getting in the way, ie. distractions, or not understanding/misinterpreting the answer, or just flat out refusing the answer all together (because it was not the answer YOU wanted). Trust God, be open and receptive to HIS words and you will be in direct receipt of more than you could ever pray for. This is an expansive topic, so I will speak more on it later, check back to soon.
So, what about you? What did you think of the poem? I welcome your thoughts, comments, and posts!
- Honesty in prayer (Pinocchio had an advantage) (lifeonthefrontporch.wordpress.com)
- Growing in Patience, Purpose & Power (lifeonthefrontporch.wordpress.com)
- Prayers for the New Year (psalmsunday.blogspot.com)
- God Answers Prayers We Have Given Up On (ckisler.wordpress.com)
- Traditional Prayer vs. Scientific Prayer (carriecarrsblog.wordpress.com)
- Bible Study on Importunate Prayer (christianresourceministry.com)
- Provoking the Blessings! (samsonaboloje.wordpress.com)